THE AEON CALLING
I remember, as a teenager, being infatuated with a girl to the extent that my days were filled with an imaginary life which involved her and only her. The only problem seemed to be that she barely noticed me.
The Aeon Calling draws on all of those feelings and extrapolates them into an adult context. After the death of his mother Alex Brown is driven by the Tarot; by political circumstance, and by the demons of his infatuation with his cousin to pursue her across the world, his mind becoming more and more unravelled the further outward he travels from the one woman who does love him.
A state of mind
We are only what we believe ourselves to be…
- Martha Gabriel, not content to accept the fading of her husband’s faculties to Alzheimer-like symptoms, finds herself questioning her life as she witnesses his bizarre compulsions.
- John Gabriel is somewhere else; an island of archetypes; demons and gods; an culture of forgetting.
- An 18th century pilgrim trapped and alone on a ghost ship with only the wood and his harrowing guilt as company.
- A red haired man with a violent and cynical tenant in the recesses of his mind struggles to deny all responsibility for that which is done in his name.
- A man in a bubble resorts to using the memory of pain to reconstruct his life.
Markov Chain works on the philosophical premise that tomorrow’s revelations can only be determined by today’s perceptions.
Click the cover to read: